4. Theme Installation
5. User Picture
7. Cursors Installation
8. Icon Installation
9. Winamp Skin Installation
10. MSGINA.DLL PATCH INSTALLATION
11. SHELL32.DLL PATCH INSTALLATION
Chaninja has been my favourite Theme/ Visual Style but the problem with it is that the author updates it but leave out other packages. There is yet to be a full package that contains everything. I take no credit in the author’s work, I merely compiled all the downloads into one and am offering it out for download. Some are taken from older version of his release but to me, it looks better. If you want to do it the hard way, try going to http://www.deviantart.com and search for all his little packages then install them and upgrading them. If you do not want to do that as it’s a waste of time, read on.
Click on the following for a huge image @ 1024 x 768.
In Internet Explorer. Overall Look
The loading Ninja star instead of the boring “e” logo.
The Shutdown Screen
My Music, My Pictures and My Videos icon change, ChaNinja Style! Looking forward for a My Web icon too…
Some Dialogue boxes and animation ChaNinja uses:
Download my compiled packages @ http://www.itcow.com/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=4
File 2 – 5 is around 1.2mb while file 1/5 is around 138kb. You will need Winzip in order to joing the files back into one single ZIP file. Download all the files, place them in one single folder and run file 1/5.
The readme files which is also included in the download:
etegration.com’s Chaninja Installation Guide
CHANINJA has been my favourite Theme/ Visual Style but the problem with it is that the author updates it but leave out other packages. There is yet to be a fll package that contains everything. I take no credit in the author’s work, I merely compiled all the downloads into one and am offering it out for download. Some are taken from older version of his release but to me, it looks better. If you want to do it the hard way, try going to http://www.deviantart.com and search for all his little packages then install them and upgrading them. If you do not want to do that as it’s a waste of time, read on.
http://www.etegration.com is by no way has any relationship with this great author. All work are copyright of him (Chaminda). I can be contact @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel I should not be doing this compilation which I feel is much needed.
I have included one of his’s first few files introduction, as follows:
Hi, my real name is Chaminda Nissanka and I’m a student at UCT in South Africa (www.uct.co.za), this theme (my first) began as, and still is my hobby. My main difficulty is that I do not have an internet connection at home and I have to pay for access at local internet cafes with my pocket money. If you like this theme and can spare some credit, I would greatly appreciate it if you could donate some money (any amount) to me via my PayPal account (http://www.paypal.com). To donate money you need to create your own PayPal account (free) and send to my email address email@example.com . The Paypal site is secure and very easy to use.
I plan to use your donations to get myself connected. Then I can start my own webpage where I’ll continuously post my work. Maybe then I can answer ALL your emails, join the rest of the online chat community (ICQ etc.) and you won’t have to wait so long between updates.
I’m gonna continue developing this theme and new themes in the future anyway, but if you can, I could really use some help.
1) If you haven’t done so already, then download and run latest StyleXP from http://www.tgtsoft.com
2) If you are using any of the previous “ChaNinja” themes currently, then Apply another theme e.g. default Windows XP theme. (This is to ensure that the new shellstyle.dll can be overwritten.)
3) Unzip “ChaNinja.theme” file and the entire “ChaNinja” folder to your %Windir%\Resources\Themes folder.
If you’re not sure where your Windows is installed, go to Command Prompt and enter;
“echo %Windir%\Resources\Themes” to get folder name.
4) Unzip and install the font DUNGEON.TTF from %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Fonts (drag and drop into “Fonts” folder found in %Windir%\Fonts folder or via Control Panel [switch to classic view])
5) Select ‘ChaNinja’ from the Themes tab in Display Properties.
6) Press Apply
This folder contains a picture you can use as your photo.
Click on Start > Then on your username.
The User Accounts windows will open.
Click on Browse for more pictures and choose this picture in this folder.
The .reg files in this folder basically only spped up the waiting time when you hover over your start menu.
1) Goto %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Cursors\ folder
2) Right-Click on “ChaNinja.inf” file and click “Install” from context menu.
3) Goto Control Panel and select “Mouse” (accessible via “Printers and Other Hardware” if in Category View).
4) Click on “Pointers” tab and select the “ChaNinja” Scheme.
*** To use the alternative text cursor follow the above steps using “Simple I-Beam.inf” in Step (2) ***
*** If you preferred any of the previous cursors then you can manually set the individual cursors using “Browse” from Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab
1) Goto %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Icons\Installer\ folder
2) Run “Iphile.exe” by double-clicking
3) Click on “Open Scheme” button (First icon on toolbar) and select “Open”
4) Double-click on “ChaNinja-Icons.phl”
5) Click “Apply” button on bottom-right
6) You may have to Log out and in again to see new icons.
*** To restore the default icons, do above steps except double-click on “Default-Icons.phl” in step (4) instead. ***
To assign the icons to folders “My Music”, “My Movies”, “My Pictures”;
(1) Run Iphile
(2) Select “Desktop Icons” from the combo box in the toolbar
(3) Click on “My Folders” in the middle pane
(4) Double-click “Add Folder” on the right-side pane
(5) Browse to the correct folder and click “Ok”
(6) Double-click on the folder you just added on the right-side pane
(7) Click “Browse” in the “Change Icon” screen and navigate to %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Icons
(8) Double-click on the corresponding .ico file
(9) Do this for all 3 folders and click “Apply” on bottom right
1) Goto %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Winamp Skin\ folder
2) Double click the “ChaNinjaAmp.wsz” file
** This patch will change the “Turnoff / Restart” screen **
All the Installation / Restoration steps and Troubleshooting instructions are the same as the Shell32.dll for the MSGINA.DLL patch, except use the “Msgina.dll_Patch.exe” & “Msgina.dll_Restore.exe” from %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Msgina Patch\ instead.
The Shell32_Patch will change your system shell32.dll so that the Copy / Move / Recycle Bin animations, IE throbber and “Please wait” screen so that it will match the “ChaNinja” theme. It is safe and reversible.
*** This patch only works with English versions of Windows XP Professional” ***
*** Be sure to read the Troubleshooting section if the patch didn’t work AND you have English XP
1) Copy “Shell32_Patch.exe” from %Windir%\Resources\Themes\ChaNinja\Shell32 Patch\ folder to %windir%system32\ folder.
2) Double-Click “Shell32_Patch.exe”
***There will probably be a large pause before the Patcher window pops up, some noise may eminate from your speakers too…be patient and Double click only once***
3) Click “Start” to execute the patch
4) You should get 2 “Windows File Protection” message boxes (twice each)…
The first “Windows File Protection” message box will ask you to insert your XP CD
– click “Cancel”
The next one will ask for confirmation to keep the “unrecognized file versions”
– click Yes.
***To test out the animations try copying and moving a few large files (100MB+) ***
If you failed to see any changes and didn’t get any “File Protection” errors then do the following before applying the patch ;
A) Make sure the Windows XP Installation CD is NOT in your CD-ROM drive.
B) In Explorer, goto “Tools > Folder Options… > View”
Under “Hidden files and folders” select “Show hidden files and folders”
Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”
C) Goto %Windir%\System32\dllcache\ (now unhidden)
D) If your WIndows XP Install files are stored locally then rename the file …i386\SHELL32.DL_ to SHELL32BAK.DL_, (you can simply rename the file back after applying the patch.)
E) Repeat steps (1) to (5) above to apply the patch.
F) If it still does not work then try this ;
Copy the file %Windir%\System32\shell32.dll and the Shell32_Patch.exe to your Desktop
Run the patch by double-clicking the Shell32_Patch.exe
Once its complete copy the shell32.dll from your Desktop to the %Windir%\System32\ folder.
You should then get the 2 “File Protection” messages.
http://www.itcow.com/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=4 – Download my compiled Chaninja Theme.