JAVA, won’t talk much about what it is and if you still have not heard of it, well, go hear it at http://www.sun.com Here we will just discuss how to now have to type in the full path of the JDK path in order to compile or run a java code you have just wrote.
This simple tutorial will help you on how to set up the environment as I found many friends not knowing how to do it or they’re doing it the hard way.
Anyway you do it you’ll still need the following:
The Hard Way
The stupid lecturer(s) will tell you that you need to set the environment every time you want to compile and run .java files by:
1. Opening up a MS DOS PROMPT
2. CD to root (cd\)
3. Type in “set path=C:\jdk1.3\bin” and all that shit…
The Easy Way
1. Open up C:\autoexec.bat
2. Add in C:\jdk1.3.1_01\bin after the last item in the line that begins with SET PATH=”C:\WINDOWS\;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
3. Run autoexec.bat or restart your PC.
4. That’s it, the PC’s Java environment will be set everytime you turn on your PC.
– Contributed by etegration